Amiga Quiz

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Nov 22 19:00:58 CST 2006

On 23 Nov 2006 at 13:36, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> I don't think that's my quote.

I apologize--I lost the original post.

> I'm not sure I understand how you'd use this...

The idea was that instead of keeping a PC display and a VT220 on the
same desktop, you could use just the 220l and stash the 5150
somewhere under your desk to access both the remote mainframe and the
PC, while running Lotus on the PC, split-screened with whatever you
were doing on your VAX.  Sounds like no big deal, but this was 1984.

> Time-sliced how?  To alternate displaying the output of one processor,
> then the other on the primary display?

No, but the setups I recall (such as the MS Z80 card) would leave the
6502 loafing around, waiting for something to do.  Why not run an
Apple app while the Z80's running CP/M?

For that matter, did any of Bill Godbout's multiple-CPU systems run
more than one OS at the same time?  How about the multi-CPU Molecular
systems?

Cheers,
Chuck