OT - 486 w/newer IDE drives

Kelly Leavitt kelly at catcorner.org
Thu Nov 23 15:09:45 CST 2006

> Does anyone really care about the smaller (<2GB) 3.5" drives anymore?
>  I've been wiping and recycling the ones that I have--is this a
> mistake?  I've still got a few old <1GB Conner drives if anyone's
> interested.  Some <4GB WD's and Quantums also.

I use them in support of the old packet network here in New Jersey. If anyone is throwing away the smaller drives let me know. I'll take them for the price of shipping. I could use 5 or 6 less than 540 meg drives.

A typical packet backbone node using flex net takes less than 10 meg, and runs comfortably in a 486/66 with 16 meg of RAM.

Kelly