FPGAs, unobtanium and FPJ11s

Gordon JC Pearce gordon at gjcp.net
Fri Nov 24 07:13:39 CST 2006

The thought occurred to me that it might be nice to have the
floating-point option in my PDP-11/73.  Since I haven't got one, and
don't fancy paying the $500 or so that some online sellers seem to be
asking (do they really expect to sell *any*, never mind at that price?),
I was wondering how easy it would be to implement in an FPGA as was
discussed at length earlier in the week.

Feasible, or a complete waste of time?  Presumably I'd need software
written to make use of the floating-point hardware anyway...

Gordon.