rogues galleries

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 15:41:40 CST 2006

Tony Duell wrote:
>> Ooh - you don't see many Atoms using the expansion bus for System cards (with
>> the exception of the Disc Pack).
>
> I think one of my other Atoms has one of the lab I/O cards mounted
> inside, connected to the system bus.

Didn't come from Cambridge uni originally, did it? :-) I had two from there on
the bench just before I left for the US; both with lab interface boards
mounted in the bottom of the case. It's the first time I'd seen that actually
done, although I believe that somewhere Acorn do mention as a feature the
possibility of stuffing a System board in there...

(Annoyingly both machines originally had Econet boards fitted apparently, but
they'd long since vanished from inside...)

cheers

J.