PDC Clipper vs SX-64 (was Re: rogues / Rare european machines)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 30 08:11:20 CST 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Chris M wrote:
> is an electroluminescent display essentially a plasma
> display? IBM made this huge amber color display that
> was plasma IIRC. And it was essentially a flat panel
> unit.

   No...EL uses electrons to excite a phosphorescent material, while
plasma uses...well, plasma! ;)  Similar to the way a neon lamp works.

   I have one of those displays you're talking about; the 3290.  It
is gorgeous.  I made some progress on getting what  I need to make it
useful, but then house sale/house purchase stuff started picking up
and I haven't been able to make any more progress on it.  Soon, I hope.

                   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL