486 EISA system

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Oct 14 22:42:31 CDT 2006

On 10/14/2006 at 9:49 PM Teo Zenios wrote:

>The ST chip is 2 layers that connect at the ends (seems to be some potting
>there), I wonder if the battery is on the top player or the bottom. I hope
>there is enough residual voltage for a meter to read so I know which half
>need to disconnect.

The datasheet for the ST chip is here:

http://www.datasheet4u.com/download.php?id=531672

and clearly says that the battery is in the "top hat", so Ethan's approach
shows a lot of promise.

>Nothing on the 1225Y then other then finding a replacement?

Well, you can try the same method on it and see if you turn up a battery.
Otherwise, replacements (either original or FRAM) are inexpensive and
available.

Cheers,
Chuck