Semi-OT: "Inkjet Printable" CD/DVD blanks

sethm at loomcom.com sethm at loomcom.com
Tue Oct 17 20:52:42 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 03:02:13PM -0700, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> My perfered brand of CD/DVD blanks are the Verbatim
> DataLifePlus disks.  There is no doubt in my mind that these disks have a
> good long lifespan (though I do need to see about doing a data refresh on
> some).

Not an answer to your question, but I'm curious if you've tried
MAM-A Gold Archival discs (formerly Mitsui)?  They're quite expensive
(about $1.60/disc for 100), but I've read good things about them.

What do you like about the DataLifePlus?

I'm in the market for some good media myself.  I have a huge number of
CD images I've backed up to hard drives, but I'd like to have good
quality archival backups of them on disc as well.

-Seth