wavy diagonal lines

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 22:52:37 CDT 2006

> across the screen. Specifically a trs80 model 4. Is
> this indicative of a video circuitry problem or a
> display problem?

To me it sounds like a fault on the monitor PCB, which is mounted on the
side of the top cover in these machines.

On the top left corner of the CPU board (with the machine in the normal
operating position), there's a connector with 3 screend cables going to
it. One is Hsync, one is VSync, the last is video (no syncs, not
composite). You could looks to see if at least the syncs look reasonable
there.