Wow; $192 for a 5.25" floppy disk drive

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Thu Oct 19 18:06:21 CDT 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Barry Watzman wrote:

> Don't know if any of you saw this, but a 5.25" floppy disk drive just
> went for $192 on E-Bay tonight (Wed., 10/18).
>
> It was a "backpack" external parallel port drive, New Old Stock in Box,
> still shrink wrapped.

I missed that one, but I guess its time for me to pull my used backpack
drives out of storage... I actually can get to them right now since I'm
cleaning out and sorting stuff anyway :P

The NOS TRS-80 cables I packratted away for decades are doing well on eBay
since I re-unearthed them again too.

-Toth