Craziest ebay price EVER

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Oct 25 21:14:37 CDT 2006

On 25 Oct 2006 at 21:01, Golan Klinger wrote:

> Wow. I don't think that price would be justified even if it was
> new-in-box old stock that had been found somewhere. The Apple IIe just
> isn't that rare.
>
> To what do you attribute that price? Ignorance? Greed? Cockeyed
> optimism? An unhealthy dose of all three? I'm often stunned when I see
> things like this on eBay. Do people actually find buyers willing to
> pay these prices?

The local public schools (and probably schools everywhere) have
truckloads of these things stashed away.  I've seen pallets of these
things loaded up and ready to go to the recycler.

No, if this thing sells, I suspect that there's some money-laundering
or other hanky-panky going on.

Hmmm, maybe I can get $2500 for the Atari 520ST that I'm about to
list.....

Cheers,
Chuck