MINC-11 (was Re: Collections of (physically) large computers)

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 21:01:51 CST 2006

> On 10/30/06, Tony Duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > And my PDP11/45 (2 6' racks, 2 free-standing RK07s, and what started out
> > as a MINC contianing 2 RL01s, with the realtime I/O of the MINC linked to
> > the PDP11/45 via a DW11-B Unibus-Qbus interface).
>
> Niiiice.  What I/O modules do you have, and are you using them for anything?

I actually have 3 MINCs. Two are the RL01 version (one of those has had
the CPU and memory PCBs pulled and one end of a DW11-B inserted to link
it to the 11/45). The other is a MINC-23 (with a PDP11/23 CPU) and an
RX02 drive.

As regards I/O modules, I think the first 2 each have :

MNCAD Analogue to digital converter
MNCAA Digital to analogue converter
2 off MNCDI Digital input
2 off NMCDO Digital output
MNCKW Clock

The last one has
MNCTP Thermocouple amplifier
MNCAG amplifier (current/voltage/resistance inputs)
MNCAD Analouge to digital converter
MNCAA Digital to analouge converter
MNCDI Digital input
MNCDO Digitial output
MNCKW Clock

I am particularly pleased that I have more than one clock, since 2 in the
same machine can be used to make a frequency counter.