Vintage Computer Festival 9.0

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 02:04:06 CDT 2006

On 8/9/06 01:47, "Pete Turnbull" <pete at dunnington.plus.com> wrote:

> On Sep 7 2006, 22:39, Simon Fryer wrote:
>> On 9/7/06, Roger Holmes <roger.holmes at microspot.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Any chance of arranging an event (but obviously smaller) in the UK?
>>
>> I think a few people from the UK contingent on this list *should* be
>> able to organise something.
>
> I'd be willing to help.

Anyone in the UK have experience of setting up a similar idea? I know people
on the Sinclair QL mailing list who put up yearly bashes in church halls and
the like, but we'd need something a bit bigger :) The Wakefield RISCOS Club
put on a yearly event in a sports hall (see
http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/Acorn/WROCC2006/index.php for this
year's event)

Of course, the perfect venue, history wise, would be H Block at Bletchley
Park - the home of the WWII codebreaking Colossus machines and the world's
first purpose-built computer building but its availability is still in
question.....

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator