OT: Stepdown convertor

aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 18:35:03 CDT 2006

Hi,

I have been having problems with my Dreamcast
(that I use to surf the 'net) resetting randomly.

After checking out the power lines, it seems
that the stepdown convertor is at fault. It
has a crack and 2 bulging bits (where the
plastic has been molded with lumps instead of
flat) on the underside.

How dangerous is this if it is the cause of
the problem?

It converts a 240V input to a 110V output (not
been able to check the exact specs on it, as
it's in use and very hot), as my Dreamcast I
am using is a Japanese model (my UK model
isn't fully functioning).

Reply to me directly if you believe it isn't of
interest to the other listmembers.

I have just been on eBay to get a replacement.

Regards,
Andrew B
aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk