WANG micro? found

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Fri Sep 29 20:59:04 CDT 2006

Surplus dealer saved an odd looking box for me. It's a WANG, slightly larger
than a typical PC with monitor and keyboard. Comes with a case of floppy
disks, most of which are original WANG labels. I couldn't make out much from
them other than some of it was some productivity type software. The front
dimensions were square (Width = Height) and the depth was unusually deep
(maybe 2.5 to 3 feet). In the front was a power switch, 5.25 floppy drive,
and visibly the front of some small hard drive (looked like the old IBM PC
drives).

The thing that piqued my interest is that it supposedly had 10 terminals
hanging off the back of it before it was brought in. I'm going back tomorrow
to pull it out and get more info about it.

Jay