IBM Portable PC and a scsi drive

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Apr 7 17:01:46 CDT 2007

On 7 Apr 2007 at 13:49, john ball wrote:

> After finding an IBM portable PC in the trash, I did the usual restoration
> and now it's time to have fun.
> I grabbed a Trantor T130B scsi card and set it as follows:

You might try disabling the ROM temporarily and using the
Trantor/Adaptec drivers and format program to set the disk up.

There are two unpopulated sockets on my two T130Bs.  One is a 20-pin
DIP, which I suspect is probably something like an LS374 and the
other is the boot ROM.  For yucks, I'd love a snapshot of the ROM and
affirmation of what the other upopulated socket is.  In return, I
could verify that your setup's right.

Cheers,
Chuck