MCM66128L20

Ensor classiccmp at memory-alpha.org.uk
Wed Apr 11 18:19:58 CDT 2007

Hi,

  > A "cheap and dirty" memory epansion for the Atari 540ST was....

Here in Europe we had the "520" and the "1040" (and later Mega 1 & Mega 2),
did Atari market them under slightly different names in the US, IE "540ST"?

  > The "half good" memory dates back long before 256K chips--it goes
  >all the way back to 16K ones....

I believe (though have not verified it myself since I utterly despise the
machines) that Sinclair used this technique in the early Spectrums; they,
apparently, simply disabled the faulty half of the DRAMs using jumpers on
the board.

  TTFN - Pete.