PC-MOS?

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Thu Apr 12 07:03:40 CDT 2007

> I was looking for something else and ran across a two-binder
> set of something called "PC-MOS" by The Software Link, circa
> 1992.  I opened the shrinkwrap on the nstallation manual and
> the thing looks like
> it's a multi-user version of MS-DOS, talking to terminals.    I
> appear to have a 5 user version.
>
> Anyone familiar with this animal?  The version is 4.2.

I remember this!
It was a multi user MS-DOS. It supported a number of 8 port serial cards
of the same generation (Starcomm or something like that). You'd attach
terminals to the serial board and run software that was written to run
under PC-MOS. Medical office software was what I mostly saw on these
systems.