MCM66128L20

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 14:00:08 CDT 2007

> I believe (though have not verified it myself since I utterly despise the
> machines) that Sinclair used this technique in the early Spectrums; they,
> apparently, simply disabled the faulty half of the DRAMs using jumpers on
> the board.

I beleive (although, like you I've not checked because, also like you, I
have as little to do with Sinclair machines as possible) that early 48K
SPectrums had 8 16K chips and 8 32K chips. The latter were half-good 64K
chips, there was a link (or maybe a resistor) on the PCB to select which
half would be used. Needless to say all 8 chips had to ahve the same half
good.