Early WLAN gear

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Fri Apr 13 22:17:14 CDT 2007

I found the stuff I was looking for while shuffling boxes from (here) to
(there) in the basement. Any interest in:

Netwave Airsurfer Pro Wireless LAN PC card (for laptop). Has sticker on the
box "IEEE 802.11 compliant" and yes, I have the box and manual. No software
of any kind. Seems to be a direct sequence card.

Model number is 1100-6001, software version 3.0 (but again, I have no
software.)

Per manual, it uses the IEEE 802.11 DSSS service, which is channels 1-11 in
the US, 1-13 in Europe, etc. Looks like it supports infrastructure mode,
and ad-hoc mode.

Installation/setup instructions are for WinNT 4 workstation, and Win95.
Looks like it uses Card and socket services.

I also have an access point for it, with wall-wart. I think that's the
right wall-wart. The AP has connections for 10BaseT and thinnet. Yes,
really. No manual or box for the AP.

-T

At 02:35 PM 3/29/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Built a number of wireless data apps in the 80s and 90s.
>
>Interested in finding cards, code, APs and anything related from mfgs like
>Moto, Windwave, WiLAN, NCR, Proxim, Telxon etc.
>
>Any responses appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

-----
656. Someone has figured out that we have about 35 million laws trying to
enforce 10 Commandments! -- Author Unknown
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531