Mac Rasterops Drivers

Robert Borsuk rborsuk at colourfull.com
Fri Apr 20 13:47:11 CDT 2007

On Apr 20, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Teo Zenios wrote:

>> Teo,
>> I don't have an archive but I should have several of the disks.  In
>> fact I found one last night and will be happy to image and post it in
>> a few days (I'll have to dig out a Mac with a floppy).  The reason
>> you don't see drivers is because majority of the Mac Video Nubus
>> cards contain the drivers in ROM on the card.  A lot of times, the
>> "driver" ( I hate to call it that) simply put in an extension that
>> toggled some bits in the PRAM for acceleration or such.  I use to be
>> the engineering manager for Xceed Technology.  We used to buy a bunch
>> of our competitors cards to test compatibility and MacBench our video
>> cards against them.
>> As I go through more of my floppies, I'll set aside the Rasterops
>> ones I find.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>  I have a Micron Xceed ICDP-II, same company?

Yes, same company. Xceed was the enhanced products divison of Micron.
  It was bought a number of years ago by a contract manufacturer
called PG Design.  I came on board and worked on a
a couple of projects.  Our final one, before the parent company was
sold and shortly went under, was the Xceed Colorfusion.
Aahh..an ICDP-II.  This was actually a storm compression card for
photoshop.  Twin AT&T DSP's.  Cool card, I have one of the
original prototypes from the project.

Rob

Rob Borsuk
email: rborsuk at colourfull.com