Fred Fish's passing

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:48:27 CDT 2007

On 4/24/07, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Fish

Sad news indeed.  Thanks for letting us know.  I hadn't heard yet.

Like other Amiga owners, I found Fred's generous contribution to the
Amiga scene to be invaluable.  I still have a large box of 3.5" "Fish
Disks" from the days before he transitioned to CD-ROM.  Hardly a week
would go by without me digging around on some disk for something handy
or fun or both.

If you happen to be curious about what was _on_ those disks (or how
*much* was on them all), I found a flat-file catalog at
http://www.amiga-stuff.com/pd/fish.html (my stuff is on disk 329).
There's an amazing amount of source there as well, something you
didn't see in the Mac or PC worlds.

-ethan