newbie building a scratch-built computer (River)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 3 00:56:55 CDT 2007

On 3 Aug 2007 at 0:47, Roy J. Tellason wrote:

> I've been thinking about that,  aren't there cross-assemblers out there that
> would do the job?  I'd be interested in hearing about any that would run
> under linux,  for the z80,  8085,  or 6502 chips...

At one time or another, cross-assemblers in FORTRAN were coded up for
most of the early 8-bit chips.  I believe that Intel even offered one
as a standard product at one time.  GI certainly did--I have it
mentioned in their product brochure.

The real problem would be locating one of these.  In all likelihood,
one last saw existence as a stretch of 9-track 1/2" tape.

Cheers,
Chuck