newbie building a scratch-built computer

Ensor classiccmp at memory-alpha.org.uk
Fri Aug 3 22:18:23 CDT 2007

Hi,

  >....It's surprising how far one can get without a scope
  >or a logic analyzer. I'd recommend, though, that you put
  >together a "pulse sniffer"--little more than a one-shot
  >driving an LED to "stretch" pulses....

  > You can build one of these things into a Magic Marker case
  >with a nice sharp probe on the tip.

<GRIN> What, like a logic probe...?

I don't actually have a logic analyser myself (annoyingly), and tend to
reach for my logic probe long before I resort to digging out my 'scope. I
find mine indispensible.

If the OP is in the UK, then Maplins do a nice one for £15 (which is less
than I paid for mine back in 1980).

  TTFN - Pete.