newbie building a scratch-built computer

Ensor classiccmp at memory-alpha.org.uk
Sun Aug 5 19:40:38 CDT 2007

Hi,

  > IMHO, more important than the EPROM programmer is an
  >EPROM emulator....

Good point, and the exact reason I picked up a "Softy S3" about 10 years
back (which is in SERIOUS need of TLC unfortunately).

Great little unit, it's an EPROM programmer/emulator in a package about the
size of a large pocket calculator. Dump your code into it via a serial port
and enter emulation mode for testing, when you're done just drop in a blank
EPROM and hit the "burn" button. :-)

I really should get this thing working again....

  TTFN - Pete.