Simulating VAX/VMS in SIMH

Sellam Ismail sellam at vintagetech.com
Tue Aug 14 12:29:19 CDT 2007

Dennis Boone said:

> Not sure about the older VAX code in simh, which emulates a MicroVAX
> 3900.  HP claims 5.1-1 supported that real hardware.  But the newer
> 11/780 simh variant ought to be able to run older versions of VMS.

You know what?  I am lame.  I didn't realize SIMH could do the VAX 11/780.
After searching around a bit I read a message from Bob Supnik circa 2004
saying that making an 11/780 simulator would require practically a whole
new simulator and then assumed that no one went forward to make one.  Duh.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.  Now, does anyone know where I can get VMS
3.2? ;)