Odd QIC-like tape

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 17 19:27:09 CDT 2007

On 17 Aug 2007 at 22:58, Tony Duell wrote:

> The OP might want to look at that site and follow the links for
> 'storage', 'magnetic tape' and 'HP9144' (or 'HP9145'). I think that will
> turn up a like or twon that will be helpful

Thanks, Tony.  Mystery solved.  The drive in question probably takes
DC600HC or DC600XTD "Iotamat" preformatted tapes.  That would explain
the 3M-labeled EPROM on the tape MPU board (uses an MC6800).  Well,
the drive will go back onto the shelf; I don't even know what the 50-
conductor interface is supposed to connect to, though I suspect it
may be a cousin of a QIC-36 type.

Cheers,
Chuck