Looking for...

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Aug 21 03:41:03 CDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:26:19 -0400
Rick Murphy <rick at rickmurphy.net> wrote:

> CI cables are 50 Ohm coax cables with "N" connectors. The outer shell
> is quite a bit larger than a BNC or TNC.
I just went to the machine room and checked. CI is definately TNC.

The inner part of TNC and BNC are identical. The inner part of [BT]NC
and N are _similar_, but not identical. The thread inside of the shell
of TNC is noticeable smaler then the thread inside of a N shell. (I
have N connectors on one of my osciloscopes and some Thick Ethernet
gear. So I can do a 1-to-1 comparision.)

Maybe you are confused by the outer diameter of the shell?
--

tschüß,
       Jochen