Inside the personal computer article at TechRepublic

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 22:49:00 CDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Andrew Burton <aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the links.
>
> I love the bright colours of the PET2001. Not entirely sure how the external keyboard would work though. Is there a slot for the cable when the unit is closed, or would you have to keep it slightly ajar when in use?

> PET 2001
> http://content.techrepublic.com.com/2346-10877_11-1477.html?tag=nl.e099.dl082207

There is a gap of several millimeters between the white lid and the
black base.

I used to have a 3-button external "keyboard" for playing Space
Invaders on my PET 2001-32N.  It was wired in parallel with the A, 4,
and 6 keys ("fire", "left" and "right" for the game), and the wires
just snuck out the front of the case in that gap.

I stll have the wiring harness and the arcade buttons (and the PET),
but I think the wood box went away a long, long time ago.

-ethan