Cleaning computers with spit (but no polish!)

Antonio Carlini arcarlini at iee.org
Fri Aug 24 14:08:54 CDT 2007

I just chanced upon this on the BBC website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/07/in_pictures_tec
hnology0s_hidden_past/html/4.stm

The bit that particularly caught my eye is this:

<QUOTE>
The machine, replaced in 1972, is cleaned with saliva and cotton buds to
remove the residue left by cigarette smoke.

"That's a painting cleaning- technique," said collections care manager
Marta Leskard. "Saliva is full of enzymes."
</QUOTE>

Antonio

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
23/08/2007 16:04