DEC Rainbow Hard drive.

Jeffrey Armstrong jba at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Aug 30 12:05:30 CDT 2007

> Just because we are on the subject already.
>
> What is the last version of the firmware ?

I can't remember exactly, but the 100A was definitely 4.xx series (maybe
4.12?) while the 100B was definitely 5.xx series (maybe 5.03A).  I've
never seen different values on any Rainbow, though, suggesting that the
boot roms were finalized before manufacturing started and never again
updated.  Could be wrong, though.

Some Rainbow's have different character set ROMs, like the Technical
Character Set ROM, but that doesn't change the firmware version on the
boot menu.

-Jeff

jba at sdf.lonestar.org