Mac Beige C3 to HP 98789A SOG monitor?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Aug 30 18:21:38 CDT 2007

All,

I've been digging through my pile of stuff again and figured that my
old HP98789A 17" (Sony) monitor might be a good match my my beige Mac
G3.

Okay, my next step is to wire up an adapter.  The HP is RGB (3 BNC)
to sync-on-green.  I read that the Power Macs don't support SOG, so I
need to combine both the HSYNC and VSYNC with green (a couple of
74HCxx gates should do that; I can steal power from the sync
signals).  Otherwise, it's connect pin 4 to 7 (S0 to S1) on the Mac
video connector to signal that I want "RGB 1024x768".

Do I have this right?  Does anyone have anything to add before I take
out my soldering iron?

Cheers,
Chuck