Please help me ID cards(32)

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 15:56:16 CDT 2007

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2007 at 18:28, Jules Richardson wrote:
>
>> ... from what I remember the hard disk portion of the controllers is
>> compatible across the whole range - so if you just need to drive a hard disk
>> with it, then any OMTI board will do (it doesn't have to be a 5400). Lots of
>> systems used to use these boards (and so are a possible source of spares), but
>> I doubt they've been produced for quite a few years :-)
>
> Definitely not compatible throughout the whole range, if that's what
> this is.  Some of these were RLL 2,7 drive interfaces.  I've got two.

Hmm, I'd forgotten they did RLL ones too - were they the 7xxx series? I'm
pretty sure all 5xxx boards are interchangeable anyway (subject to them
providing the required interfaces), and I *think* they're supposed to be
compatible with an earlier non-5xxx board.

I've had various systems using the 5xxx boards, but I don't think I've ever
run across any of the others fitted to anything.