Slightly OT: Old CRT displays vs. new LCD

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at verizon.net
Sun Dec 2 22:45:53 CST 2007

From: "Mr Ian Primus"
> You're not imagining it - I have noticed the same
> thing. The picture of a good CRT beats an LCD any day
> for me. And, for whatever reason, LCD's seem to give
> me headaches. I don't know what it is, but something
> about them, I get headaches after a few hours. Mono
> terminals never give me problems - LCD's do. Go
> figure.

Er, you guys *are* using the LCD's at their native resolution,
I hope.  Otherwise the monitor is interpolating on top of whatever
your O/S is doing to scale and draw the image.  In my experience,
the monitor does a lousy job of this, so you definitely need to
run an LCD at it's native resolution.  Maybe you can set it up
to letterbox the display from your classicmp gear :-).

(I'm on a 24" Samsung LCD in 1920x1200 and liking it a lot, but
it's *way* off topic :-).)

    Vince