Torode Disk drive Controller

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:30:12 CST 2007

Hi
 I've finally found something that I've been looking for for over
10 years.
 I have one of the Digital Systems drive and controller boxes.
About 8 years ago, I decompiled the state machine in this
controller to figure out how it worked.
 Even though getting it working in the system, I've been off and
on looking for the manual. I finally located someone that
actually has a manual ;)
 It is funny how when one thinks it is a hopeless cause,
something pops up.
 This controller is interesting because it was used on the
first S-100 machine that had an official CP/M installed on
it ( not my controller but the same model ).
 It seems that John Torode and Kildall worked on the controller
together and he ported his CP/M to the S-100 world.
Dwight