Hazeltine 1200

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Dec 5 21:38:12 CST 2007

On 5 Dec 2007 at 19:47, Richard wrote:

> Some other people mentioned this the last time the Hazeltine 1x00
> terminals were brought up by me :-).  However, as somebody who
> scrounges around for terminals, Hazeltines seem to be pretty rare,
> regardless of the model.

IIRC, they were some of the cheapest terminals available in the mid-
70's.  By 1980, they were be ditched pretty fast--they were just too
strange (hex 7e escape ccode really did it).  The keyboard was
terrible.

I'm not surprised that not many survived.  When the cheap-but-not-bad
terminals like the Wyse 50 came out, keeping a dinosaur like a 1400
just made no sense at all.

Cheers,
Chuck