FAA control room keyboard -- parallel or RS-232?

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Sun Dec 9 03:32:38 CST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 23:38 -0500, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 04:09, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> > On Friday 07 December 2007 00:35:13 Richard wrote:
> > > I have an FAA control room keyboard that I picked up off ebay.  Each
> > > key has a little bulb underneath it that lights up the keys for use in
> > > the dark.  I need to get some replacement bulbs since some of them
> > > have burned out.  I haven't disassembled this thing enough to know if
> > > they have parts numbers on them or not.
> >
> > I'm going to take a random guess and suggest that they might not be a
> > million miles away from the little wedge-base bulbs in car dashboards.  For
> > obvious reasons, 12V and 24V versions are incredibly easy to get.
> Sounds like the #194,  I think it was,  that some of my vehicles use all over 
> the dash and for markers too.

The difficulty is that in other countries they're called different
things.  The ones used in the side lights and indicator side repeaters,
as well as the instrument backlights is a fairly big fat bulb about the
size of the top joint of my pinky.

The ones I meant are about 4mm x 13mm and are the same as the ones used
in the panel lamps on an RL02.  Guess where I got the spare bulbs for my
RL02 from?


More information about the cctalk mailing list