Obscure PC operating systems and apps [was Re: got this old peecee...]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 9 21:13:25 CST 2007

On 9 Dec 2007 at 21:34, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    As someone who has worked in the ISP industry for many years, and
> currently manages a (quickly shrinking) dialin bank, I say "bunk".
> Dialup is very nearly dead.

According to a July report from the American Farm Bureau Federation,
only about 24 percent of rural US households have any access to
broadband at all.  Fewer than 10 percent actually subscribe.  It's
kind of the rural electrification before REA.

Not everyone lives in a city.  Heck, I'm only 2 miles outside of the
city and there's no WiFi or cable here--but because I was willing to
sell a parcel of land to the telco, I do have DSL.

Cheers,
Chuck