any one have Mini-Micro Systems magazines & digests?

Paxton Hoag innfoclassics at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:32:50 CST 2007

One of my favorite reference magazines was Mini-Micro Systems which
published from 1976 to 1989 by the Cahners Publications.  They printed
10 issues a year along with  a Spring and Fall Peripherals Digest. I
think Starting in June 1984 they printed a Mini-Micro computers
special issue.

I have one copy left, the 1983 Fall Peripherals digest. It is what I
was looking for when Jerry was trying to identify the CDC/QD drive he
had.

Unfortunately the model numbers and what is printed on the drive don't
correspond (and from what I remember never did)

They have sections on drives, in fact they have separate sections
listing 8", 5 1/4" and Micro Drives. The 5 1/4 " drive listing has 39
makers of internal and external 5 1/4" drives, including simple specs;
sides, capacity, tracks, TPI, access time, transfer rate, dimensions
and model numbers.

Similarly for hard drives of all sizes (14" to 3") and removable cart
drives. They also had a great reference section on Terminals and
Printers. They are great reference magazines for collectors or for
just identifying equipment.

The collection is one of the things I miss the most, losing them in a
house fire.

Doing an Internet search I discovered WorldCat.org which indicates
there is a Microfiche set at Oregon State University in Corvallis. I
will have to go look.

So does anyone have a set or the Microfiche? I think anyone who has a
museum should think of looking for this magazine, especially the
product digests for reference.

--
Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR