TTL names

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Dec 14 03:59:30 CST 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, dwight elvey wrote:
> There seems to be evidence that there was at least a
> 3 number part SN514B. See ebay. It may have been RTL
> though.

?!? The older databooks that have been cited the last days have this part
listed, so I don't know why you need an evidence on ebay.
The SN514 is a dual 3-input NAND/NOR gate; it is a RCTL part
(resistor-capacitor-transistor logic)
Citing page 13 of the 1965 TI flyer: "Series 51 integrated circuits are
used in the optical aspect computer of NASA's IMP satellites. These units
have been operational in space since November, 1963."

Christian