Homebrew Drum Computer architecture

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu Dec 20 10:18:19 CST 2007

Not sure if this is of any use, but back in about 1965/66 the high
school I was going to in Toronto was building an analog computer -
gears, pulleys, cams, shafts, etc.  I recall it being a rather largish
machine about 6 feet long and three or so feet deep and four to five
feet off the ground. I was not interested in it (I was 14 at the time
and only interested in old battery radios at that time) other than
spotting it on my first tour of the place.

The school (if anyone here lives in Toronto) was/is Upper Canada College
(private boys school - I only lasted one year there). I have no idea if
the project was ever finished or if it still exists, but it struck me -
reading this thread - that someone might be interested enough to see if
it is still buried in the bowels of the main building. I doubt it, but
one never knows!

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com