nice pdp-11 photos

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Feb 2 11:07:21 CST 2007

Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:35 PM, Guy Sotomayor wrote:
>> My 11/70:
>>
>> http://www.shiresoft.com/systems/11-70/index.html
>
>   Ahh, a decdatasystem 570!  I have one of those as well.  Yours is an
> absolutely gorgeous system; it looks very well-maintained and nicely
> set up.  I note that you've got Emulex SC-72 SMD controllers...I've
> got one of those, and will hopefully be installing it in my machine
> soon.  How easy are they to get running?
Not too bad.  I was lucky and all of mine worked.  Just print out the
manual and make sure everything's configured correctly.  I have the
8-drive versions.  I put the CDC drives on a separate controller because
apparently there's "issues" with mixing Eagles and CDC drives on the
same chain.  I only have 0 & 1 plugs for the CDC drives, I didn't want
to have to "spin" them in order to boot the 11/70.

>   Here's my (similar but smaller) machine:
>   http://www.neurotica.com/albums/pdp1170/tn/pdp1170.jpg.html

Cool!

My DS570 came just as a CPU.  I've configured everything else myself.
The cabinet that the Eagles are in is from an 11/780 (I have a lot) so
while physically correct, the color scheme is wrong.

--

TTFN - Guy