OS/2 stillborn, was Re: TRS-80 Model 1, etc

Bill Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:16:45 CST 2007

BTW -- what killed OS/2 Warp was the problem of Microsoft saying Win32S
would give OS/32 windows compatibility and then going hog wild to make sure
later Win32 stuff wouldn't run on OS/2.

I know how many times IBM had to upgrade OS/2 for Win32 compatibility
changes in the WinAPI...

I ran OS/2 2.x at IBM and later Warp3 and 4.  I also ran Linux and FreeBSD
at the time along with Win3.11 for Workgroups until the lack of apps moved
me to Win95 and above.

Mostly now it's Linux, FreeBSD and XP... although I'd kick XP if it wasnt so
damned necessary at work.

I've got VMWare Server working right now to do the later as well as a native
dual boot setup.

Bill