How to archive a 16mm film of an RCA 501

Bob Rosenbloom bobalan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 3 23:30:13 CST 2007

Thanks for all the suggestions. This film definitely needs professional
attention and may be too far gone to save, but I will try.
I've contacted the National Film Preservation board, and also SMPTE for
their ideas., but would still be interested in talking to others. Jim,
please contact your film editor and have him contact me, I get down to
LA all the time so could bring the film down there to have someone
evaluate it if I can't find someone local.

One problem is I don't know what the film actually contains, if it's
really interesting at all. It needs to be viewed, even if it's one frame
at a time on a Movieola type machine, to see what it's actually about.
Could be just an ad for RCA that mentions the 501, but with the label
"RCA 501 demonstration" on the cover it's sure worth a look.

Bob