Anyone collect Compugraphic equipment?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Feb 4 10:57:43 CST 2007

On 4 Feb 2007 at 10:08, Curt - Atari Museum wrote:

> I'm looking for anyone who collects CompuGraphic equipment.     My
> grandfather used to run a Microfilm and Graphics shop and he had a
> CompuGraphic 7770 system, thing was MASSIVE, it was a furniture-computer
> (built run into the whole desk) and it was really one of my inspirations
> for getting into computers when I was a kid.   I'm looking for anyone
> with photo's of systems (especially the 7770) and any brochures or other
> materials that they could send me scans of, thanks.

I've got a 5.25" factory-labeled Compugraphic diskette in the
collection here (offhand, I don't recall the model number).  And
don't forget the Varityper--another large system of about the same
time.  About the size of a chest freezer.  Hard-sector 8" diskettes
and software called CompSet, IIRC.

I used to be fascinated by the old Linotype hot-metal machines
myself.  ETAOIN SHRDLU.

Cheers,
Chuck