Write protect tabls; was: Where to obtain diskette labels?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon Feb 5 17:35:31 CST 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 17:54, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> > I just had a thought about another possible alternative for write-
> > protect tabs.
> > How about the foil tape used in the construction trades, such as 3M
> > 425?  I seem to recall that the adhesive on this stuff is pretty
> > heavy-bodied and should stick well, but be easy to remove.
>
> howzbout regular electrical tape?

Indeed, I was just going to suggest a roll of black vinyl electrical
tape.  It's best to use a good 3M roll, rather than the cheap
$0.50/roll junk you can buy, also.  There's a noticeable difference
between the cheap stuff and the "expensive" stuff, and the more
expensive stuff really is worth the price difference, in adhesion,
flexibility, durability, and thickness.

Pat