Preservation of correspondence

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 16:28:19 CST 2007

On 6/2/07 21:55, "aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk" <aliensrcooluk at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> I remember CD caddies :)
>
> I recall back at secondary school in my first
> year there (year 7 for UK'ers), in 1990/1, that
> the new computer in the library used CD's
> which were in see through plastic.
> Essentially the "CD" of the time was like
> floppy discs - the writable media (medium?)
> was encased in protective plastic shell.

Sounds like the Philips 1x speed CD that was used by DEC as the RRD40. It
took standard CD-ROMs but they were inserted in a plastic shell because the
drive had no tray or any other means of supporting the CD.

My own RRD40 caddies are 250 miles away but I've got a drive at work :)

In the meanwhile, look towards the bottom of this page:

http://home.claranet.nl/users/pb0aia/cm/sroom.html

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator