Preservation of correspondence

arcarlini at iee.org arcarlini at iee.org
Wed Feb 7 09:39:34 CST 2007

Jim Leonard wrote:
> And yet, DVD-R has traditionally been recognized as more compatible
> with set-top devices.  So go figure :-)

I think the gist of it was that, given the choice, you should go
for DVD+R since it is more likely to be readable when things have
degraded slightly. As I say, without knowing more of the details
I cannot really comment.

As for device compatibility, my experience is that DVD-R works
everywhere and DVD+R works in most things. Five to ten years ago you
had to worry about making sure that the media was compatible with your
drive. These days you would have to work at it to find a drive that
would not read/write pretty much all the media.

Antonio