Humpty Dumpty

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:59:16 CST 2007

Hi Richard
Find out if MEK will disolve the plastic.If so, you should be able to use
that to do a reasonable job. You may have to file or scrape some
material of. You have to remember that when these thing break,
the relieve some stresses in the plastic and the parts will not perfectly
fit together in exact alignment.
As for the CRT thing, some of the suggestions were intended to
give you a zap if it held a charge. I recommend taking a small screw
driver and attach a wire to the frame that is in contact with the
back side of the tube ( the grayed area ). With the screw driver,
slide it around the rubber to make sure it isn't stuck to the tube
and it will help to dicharge most of the charge on the tube.
As was mentoioned, squeezing the rubber and pushing to the
side will usually release the catch.
If that doesn't work, use some long nose pliers ( ground wired ).
Place the pliers such that it is aligned with the cord and slip it under
the rubber cup. squeeze the two metal wires gound into the
hole on the tube and wiggle.
Dwight