IBM and the Holocaust

Michael B. Brutman mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com
Tue Feb 13 18:31:42 CST 2007

Grant Stockly wrote:
> Has anyone here read this book by Edwin Black?
>
> http://www.amazon.com/IBM-Holocaust-Edwin-Black/dp/0751531995/sr=8-1/qid=1171350715/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5694800-3370453?ie=UTF8&s=books
>

> I have.  I was wondering what everyone else thought about it.
>
> The book makes me hate things like paper...
>
> I'm not trying to stir anything up here.  I don't blame IBM as a company
> or dislike any of its products because of it.  But reading the book was
> sure an eye opening experience.  I just wanted to start the discussion
> for now.  I don't have time right now to write anything decent right now.
>
> Grant

I've not read that book, but I have read some of the stories on how IBM
provided machinery to the Nazis.

On the other hand, I've also read some of the stories (MIT Press: IBM's
Early Computers) on how IBM cooperated with the US Department of War,
and how IBM built a lot of neat things to support the US military.

Technology is neutral.