requirement for use of your real name on this list?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Thu Feb 15 06:08:41 CST 2007

Adrian Graham wrote:

>I've been 'witchy' or 'witchfinder' since about that time too, I mean you
>never used your real name on USENET did you :)

maybe I'm old school, but "back in the day" everyone did use their
real name on usenet.  Worst case they used their three letter unix
login (like "dmr at alice.uucp" :-)

So everyone did know who everyone was.  Hiding was considered bogus.

I realize that now days everything is different.  But since everyone else
is commenting, I'll say sympathize with Al.

(and note that a little bit of "r" restraint goes a long way...)

-brad